Where is the conference?
How much does a taxi cost from the airport?
A taxi between the airport and central parts of Tangier costs approximately 150 MAD (Dirham). Estimated time depends on traffic but please allow at least 40 minutes.
Coming to Tangier
Although Tangier benefits from an international airport, direct flights to/from the main European cities may not be available every day.
However, daily flights to Rabat and Casablanca are a suitable alternative to coming to the Conference. Welcome desks will be organised for delegates arriving in these airports and free transfers organised.
Do I need a visa to travel to Tangier?
Please note that Citizens holding passports of the following countries do not need a visa to enter the Kingdom of Morocco (If your stay is longer than 90 days, a resident permit is required and can be issued by the Police Department of your place of residence in Morocco):
Algeria - Andorra - Argentina - Australia - Austria - Bahrain - Belgium - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Congo (Brazaville) - Croatia - Cyprus - Czech Republic - Denmark - Estonia - Finland - France - Germany - Great Britain - Greece - Guinea (Conakry) - Hong Kong - Hungary - Iceland - Indonesia - Ireland - Italy - Ivory Coast - Japan - Kuwait - Latvia - Libya - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxemburg - Mali - Malta - Mexico - Monaco - Netherlands - New Zealand - Niger - Norway - Oman - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Puerto Rico - Qatar - Romania - Russian Federation - Saudi Arabia - Senegal - Singapore (They can stay one month without visa) - Slovakia - Slovenia - South Korea - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Tunisia - Turkey - United Arab Emirates - United States of America - Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for at least six months after you enter Morocco. You will get a stamp in your passport upon entry into the country (make sure you get it) which will allow you to stay for 90 days. No entry fees are charged.
How do I register for the conference?
To register please click here. You will then reach our secure registration section which is organised by a professional conference agent. There you will be able to register, reserve hotel accommodation, request a visa invitation as well as pay for the conference.
What are the payment options?
You can pay either by credit card or bank transfer.
What is the deadline for conference registration?
- Early bookings, until 2 July: 750€
- Standard participation fee: 850€
- Fee for UIC members: 750€
The fee includes:
- Entry to the conference
- Conference proceedings
- Lunches and coffee breaks
- Cocktail reception on 17 October
- Gala dinner on 18 October
- Technical Visit to Tanger Med on 19 October
- Transfer between airport and conference venue
Do I have to pay a cancellation fee if I cannot attend?
We fully understand that unexpected events can occur. For this reason, and in relation to the event’s fixed costs, the following conditions will be applied at the conference:
- For cancellations made before 2 July 2012, you will be refunded 85% of the registration fee
- For cancellations made before 1 September 2012, you will be refunded 50% of the registration fee (not including bank charges)
- For cancellations made after 1 September 2012, you will be refunded 25% of the registration fee (not including bank charges)
- No refunds will be given for any absences after 22 September 2012